Labels

October 2, 2010

Tacos



I'm not a big fan of the packages of taco seasonings so I use the spices in my cupboard. You probably have all the seasonings already... except cumin, maybe you don't have that one. Cumin helps give it a "Mexican" flavor. Before I bought my cumin I just added more chili powder and added a dash a cinnimon and that worked pretty well too.


1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp onion
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp hot sauce
salt and pepper 
1/4 cup tomato sauce.

Now that is for a full pound of ground beef for tacos so adjust the seasonings to your own taste. Just brown the beef and rinse. Then put it back in the pan and add your taco seasonings or taco package.
Build your tacos with either hard shells or soft tortillas. Toppings can include but aren't limited to:

refried beans
cheese
lettus
tomato
sour cream
guacamole
olives


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment