Labels

October 7, 2010

BLT Wrap

Ok so I guess it's more of a BSTs wrap. Bacon Spinach and Tomato salsa.  Delicious way to eat the oh so good for you spinach. Here's what you do.


First cook your bacon, I use the micorwave directions because it's easiest. While that's cookin' make the tomato salsa.
Cut up your tomatoes and onion then add the lime juice, salt, chopped jalapeno and cilantro. Now I do like the taste of this the best but honestly I don't keep jalapenos and cilantro in my house much so I will usually substitute the cilantro for like 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley and what ever I have on hand to replace the spicyness or the pepper like chili powder or hot sauce.
Then take your tortilla (my favorite is the Papa Tortilla Wheat because it's got lots of good stuff for you in it and tastes great) spread a little mayo (the light stuff is all we use at our house or the kind made with olive oil, delicious and nutritous) top the mayo with your spinach, salsa, and bacon and wrap it up.

Ingredients:
  • 2  large  ripe tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 1-3/4 cups)
  • 1/4  cup  finely chopped red onion
  • 1/4  cup  chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1  Tbsp.  finely chopped fresh jalapeño chile pepper
  • 1  Tbsp.  lime juice
  • 1/8  tsp.  (i.e. 'a pinch') salt
  • 8 slices  turkey bacon
  •  light mayonnaise
  • 10-inch  vegetable-flavor flour tortillas or flour tortillas
  • some fresh baby spinach

Makes 4 servings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment