Labels

October 2, 2010

Roasted chicken breast

Who doesn't love that crispy skin on a good roasted chicken? I always have chicken breast in my freezer so this is a really easy meal.

First thaw the chicken. They say its best to thaw meat in the fridge but that takes way too long for me. When I decide to use something it's gonna happen that night so I 'defrost' it in the microwave.

Line a cookie sheet with alumunum foil (for easy clean up) and set your oven to broil. Coat the chicken with a little extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, tarragon, and nutmeg. Bake for about 25 minutes. This is where I love my meat thermometer. No one likes over cooked chewy chicken and everyone is too worried about undercooking it. You can either poke/cut it and make sure the juices are clear and there is no pink in the chicken. Or (and I just saw this little trick but haven't tried it) take the chicken out of the oven and poke a fork into it, keep it there for 30 seconds and then pull it out and if the prongs on the fork are hot when you touch it to your wrist it's done. OORRR you could get yourself a meat thermometer for like $10 at Walmart. Your call :)

Another option for cooking if you want the outside to be a little more crispy. Bake it for 35 minutes at 450' F

Ingredients
4 chicken breast
2 Tbsp tarragon (or another seasoning you like such as thyme or basil)
Salt and Pepper
EVOO (I like the Star brand)

No comments:

Post a Comment