Labels

October 1, 2010

Spaghetti and meatballs

I love spaghetti. I used to make it with ground beef but my husband said he didn't like spaghetti so I didn't make it as often as I'd like. Then, after about 2 years, we figured out he just didn't like spaghetti with meat sauce but spaghetti with meatballs is so much better.Now I make it whenever I'm in the mood and he never has to make something else for himself for dinner.  
  • 1/2 Walmart brand whole wheat spaghetti (trust me the whole wheat tastes good in spaghetti other kinds of noodles... you have to be more careful)
  • 1/2 can tomato sauce
  • 1/2 can Italian diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 20 (give or take) Walmart brand Italian meatballs

Directions: (not that you really need them)
Cook spaghetti like it says on the package (10 minutes or something).
While that's cooking get your sauce ready. Start heating up the meatballs in the microwave by themselves for about 4 minutes stirring after each minute. Then you can either add them to the sauce on the stove or put the sauce in with the meatballs to heat up in the microwave. I prefer the stove. Add your seasonings however it tastes best to you and serve. If you want to punch up the healthyness throw in a hanful of frozen chopped spinach to the noodle water the last 5 minutes it's cooking and when you or your kiddos eat it you wont even taste it it just blends in with the basil.
This makes enough for us to eat for dinner and both take for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment