Labels

October 1, 2010

Scratch brownies

Have you ever looked at the ingredients label on the boxes brownies or cakes? I don't know why but I just don't like when I can't even pronounce whats on there. I'm still looking for a good cake recipe but I finally found a delicious brownie recipe. Not to cakey fluffy, dense but not too solid. Quite literally the perfect replacement for the boxed stuff.


Ingredients:
1/2 c melted butter
1 egg (eggs make them fluffy so if yours are too fluffy use a smaller egg or less egg white)
1Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla (go ahead and use the immitation but I prefer the real stuff it just tastes better)
1/2 cup flour (if you are feeling ambitious use 1/4c wheat flour1/4c all purpose flour like I do. Just don't tell my husband)
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder

Put 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter in the microwave or one the stove and get it mostly melted then stir in the egg, oil, and vanilla. They say it helps so mix together the dry ingredients seperatly and then slowly add in the wet ingredient mix but I am way to lazy busy efficient for that. Just add in all the dry ingredients and stir. I just use a spoon because it takes just that much longer to get out the hand mixer and wash the beaters when you are done. Since we melted the butter everything still gets mixed together well. You only have to stir for about 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into a greased/ oiled/ sprayed 8"x8" pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 325'



No comments:

Post a Comment