Labels

October 3, 2010

Fiesta Pasta Salad


Here is another tasty cheap healthy side dish. Just cook the pasta as the package directs and throw the corn and peppers in the water for the last 5 minutes. While that's going, get out the bowl you are going to use and mix up the dressing. Drain and rinse the beans and add half the can (save the rest in a container in the fridge to use later in the week for burritos tacos or chili or get out the mini blender and make some bean dip) Then drain your noodles and vege's and mix it all together.
Done in like 10 minutes.

Ingredients:

  • about 8 oz whole wheat spiral pasta (I used the walmart brand. You can use bow tie or whatever you want just stay away from the walmart whole wheat shells I made mac and cheese with them once and you had to add A LOT of cheese to make them taste good)

  • 1/2 can black beans drained and rinsed

  • 1/2 cup frozen corn

  • 1/2 cup frozen green peppers (I only buy the pepper mix with green red and yellow so I just used that)

  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (personally I like the taste of roma tomatoes better so i cut up 2 of those)

  • You can also punch it up with that left over chicken you've got in the fridge, or add some olives, if you like that sort of thing.
Dressing:
A little less than 1/4 cup of vege oil and 1/4 cup white vinegar,
Add about 1/4 cup ranch dressing and 1/2 a package of taco seasoning

Heres another tip.
I'm not a big fan of the packages of taco seasonings so I put together my own. It's cheaper and it tastes better. Click here so see tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment