Labels

February 10, 2011

Granola Bars

Well how about I apologise for my 2 month hiatus with some super yummy granola bars. Forgive me?  Whew! (that's the sound of me dodging a bullet) Somewhere in the mix of all the holidays and birthdays and general busyness I managed to still make food.... just not blog about it. But now that my job is coming to an end I forsee just a smidge more time to do some blogging... and baking!
These granola bars are fantastic. So easy to make and change up too.

Heres what you need.
2 cups of oats
1 cup unsalted peanuts
1 cup dried fruit
1 cup seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
and 1 can of sweetened milk (I think the can is like 12 oz or something)

in a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Then heat up the sweetened milk in a small sauce pan just til it flows easily. (I set my stove top to the number 4 and it took just a few minutes.) Then pour the milk over the nut mixture and stir well. Dump it all into a 9x13 pan and Lightly press it in, (if you press it in too hard they get super dense and become hard to bite after they cook and sit for a few days.) bake at 200' for about an hour. Let them cool slightly (for like 15 minutes) before cutting them into 16 pieces. Store in an airtight container or zip lock bags. They keep well for about 3 weeks.

Tips: Last time I went to winco's bulk food area and got a really good trail mix that had the seeds and nuts mixed together already and it was super cheap! Just used shy of 3 cups of that with about a cup of dried mixed fruit and about 2 cups of oats and it worked beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment