Labels

February 19, 2011

Banana bread

For those of you who don't know, I have a carb addition obsession. I LUV the stuff. Breads are like my all time favorite things. Toasted, plain, smeared with stuff, bagles, frech bread, whole wheat, love it. And I seriously CAN NOT get enough of this banana bread. Oh it is SO good, my hubs and i polished off a whole loaf between it coming out of the oven at 4pm and going to bed at 10pm. Not those little sissy loaf pans either these are the big pans that I make 2lbs + of meatloaf in. I've made 3 loaves in the past 2 weeks and I am going to stop at the store on my way home from work tonight to get more bananas.

Here's the skinny
soften 1/3 cup butter in one bowl
add 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour ( I use whole wheat for this part)
mix well

In another bowl mash up your browning over ripe bananas.
They MUST be browning to get a really nice banana flavor to the bread
if you use yellow bananas that you would actually cut up and eat with your rice crispys it wont be nearly as good.
add about 1/2 cup of the banana mixture to the flour/butter mixture
add another 3/4 cup flour (I use all purpose this time) and mix again
add 1/2 to 3/4 cup banana mush and mix one last time

Pour into 1 nice big (I'm thinking it must be like 9x5 or something size) loaf pan
Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350' until you can insert a knife into the center and have it come out clean.

After you can't bear the wonderful smell any longer pull it out of the oven and run a knife along the sides after it cools for 5-10 minutes dump it out on the counter and slice a big hunk off and slab some butter on there.
Devour it. No, i take it back, savor it because it will be gone way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment