Labels

November 23, 2010

Shepards Pie

McCools introduced me to shepards pie (they are a cool Irish restaurant in SLC and Layton) and I thought to myself; wow, it would be easy to make a simple shepards pie at home on a cold night when I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I don't want to leave to get food either.

Start out by microwaving about 20 frozen (walmart brand italian style) meatballs for about 5 minutes stirring halfway through. Or you can brown up some ground beef but I personally like meatballs so much better.
Preheat your oven to 375'
Then see what kind of frozen veggies you have in the freezer. I used peas, carrots, and corn about 1 1/2 cups total.
Dump your frozen veggies and meatballs into an 8" x 8" baking pan.
Pour 1 cup of brown gravy on top (one of those packets you can buy make 1 cup, or you can use beef bouillon to make it)
"cook" one packet of the Betty crocker garlic potatoes (or other flavor)  and spread over the top of your beef veggie mix and top it all off with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes.

Talk about making a real good meal out of a bunch of frozen food and packets! My favorite thing about the packets of potatoes or potato spuds is that they don't have a bunch of processes crap in it like other packaged food. When you look at the ingredients it says: potatoes. That's basically it! This dish really is so delicious too, my hubby and I were totally happy to eat it for lunch and second lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment